Addiction means that person cannot control their desire to use a drug or drink. Someone addicted to cocaine has become so used to the drug addiction that he cannot stop using it.
What are the Types of Drug Addiction?
- There are two types of drug addiction.
1. Physical Addiction
- Being physically addicted means that a person’s body becomes dependent on a particular substance (even smoking can be addictive).
- It also increases the person’s tolerance to that substance. They need an increased dose to obtain the same effect. Who is physically addicted and stops using sense.
- Such as drugs, alcohol, or tobacco, experiences a withdrawal syndrome. Some symptoms of withdrawal syndrome are diarrhea, tremors, and feeling lousy in general.
2. Psychological Addiction
- Psychological addiction occurs when the urge to use a drug is psychological or emotional.
- People who are psychologically addicted feel that the desire to use a drug overwhelms them. They lie and even steal to get it.
- A person crosses the line between drug use and addiction when they no longer use the drug for fun or “get high” but have become dependent on it.
- His life centers on his need for the drug. An addicted person — whether he or she has a physical or psychological addiction or both — feels that they cannot stop using the medicine.
What are the Signs of Addiction?
- The most obvious sign of addiction needs to consume a specific drug or substance. However, many other symptoms can indicate a possible addiction.
- Such as mood swings or weight loss or gain. (Although these signs can also indicate other problems, such as depression or eating disorders.) Symptoms that you or someone you know a drug or alcohol addiction include.
1. Psychological Signs
- Use drugs or alcohol way to forget problems or to relax
- Withdrawing or hiding secrets from family and friends
- Loss of interest in previously important activities
- Problems with school performance, such as getting lower grades or missing school
- Changes in friendships, such as hanging out with friends who use drugs
- Spending time thinking about how gets drugs
- Stealing or selling belongings to pay for drugs
- Unsuccessful attempts to stop using drugs or drinking
- Anxiety, anger, or depression
- changes in mood
2. Physical Signs
- Changes in sleeping habits
- Feeling weak or ill when trying to stop using the substance
- Need to consume more of that substance to achieve the same effects
- And changes in eating habits include weight loss or gain
What are Element Abuse and Addiction?
- The differences between substance abuse and addiction are very slight. Substance abuse means consuming an illegal substance or misusing a legal sense.
- Drug addiction begins as abuse or using substances such as marijuana or cocaine. And also use a drug (or alcohol) without having an addiction.
- People can get addicted to all kinds of substances. When thinking about addiction, we usually think of alcohol or illegal drugs.
- But people can become addicted to drugs, tobacco, even glue. And substances are more addictive than others.
- And drugs like crack or heroin are so addictive that trying them once or twice may be enough to make the person using them to lose control.
- KNOW MORE:- technologypro