How to Staying in Shape? – 7 Tips to Stay Motivated
Table of Contents
Staying in Shape
Staying in shape, have you ever started a training program and then quit? If your answer is ‘yes,’ you are not alone.
Many people begin training programs but abandon them because they get bored, don’t enjoy them.
Or take a long time to see results. Here are seven tips to keep you motivated.
What are the Tips for Staying in Shape?
1. Set Goals
- Staying in shape start with simple goals and then work your way up to larger goals. Remember to set realistic and achievable goals. It easy to get frustrated and give up your goals are determined.
- For example, if you haven’t exercise in a while, a short-term goal might walk for 10 minutes daily, five days a workweek.
- And the intermediate goal may be to walk for 30 minutes, five days a week. A long-term goal may be to complete a 5-kilometer walk.
- For most healthy adults, the health and human services department recommends that they get at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic exercise per week.
- Before combining moderate and vigorous activity, incorporate muscle-strengthening exercises for all major muscle groups into an exercise routine at least twice a week.
2. Try to Make it Fun
- Find sports and activities that you enjoy and then vary the routine to keep it interesting. If you are not enjoying your workouts, try something different. Join a volleyball or softball league.
- And remember, exercise doesn’t have to be boring, and you’ll be more likely to have continuity in a training program if you’re enjoying it.
3. Make Physical Activity Part of your Daily Routine
- If you find it challenging makes time for physical activity, do not resort to excuses. Schedule physical activity like would any other significant activity.
- You can also make time for physical activity throughout the day. Use the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Walk around the playing field while you watch the children play sports. Go for a walk on a break from work. Ride a stationary bike or do muscle-strengthening exercises while watching TV at night.
- Research shows that prolonged sitting can have adverse health effects, even if you adhere to the recommended amount of weekly activity.
- If you sit for several hours at work, try to take regular breaks throughout the day to move around, for example, walk to the drinking fountain for water or stand while talking on the phone.
4. Write it Down
- Do you want to lose weight? Increase your energy? Sleep better? Manage a chronic condition? Inscribe goals.
- And see the benefits of regular exercise and writing down your goals on paper helps you stay motivated.
- Keeping an exercise diary can also help. And record what you did during each exercise session, how long, and how you felt afterward.
- Keeping track of your efforts and the progress you make can help you work towards those goals and remind yourself that you are making progress.
5. Join Forces with Friends, neighbors, or other People
- You’re not alone. Invite your friends and co-workers to exercise with you. Exercise with your partner or other loved ones.
- Play soccer with your children. Organize training classes at a local sports club for a group of neighbors.
6. Reward Yourself
- After each exercise session, take a few minutes to enjoy the good feelings that exercise provides. It type of internal reward can help you make a long-term commitment to regular exercise.
- External rewards can also help. When you reach an important goal, treat yourself to a new pair of sneakers or new tunes to enjoy while you exercise.
7. Be Flexible
- If you’re too busy to exercise or don’t feel like doing it, take a day or two off. If you need a break, be considerate of yourself.
- The important thing is that you get back to your routine as soon as you can. Now that you’ve got your enthusiasm back, get moving. Set goals, make it fun, and congratulate yourself now and then.
- Remember that exercise is a lifelong activity. Check out these tips when you feel like you’re losing motivation.
- Also Read: WHAT IS INFLAMMATION? – DEFINITION, 4 NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS TO HELP FIGHT INFLAMMATION