LED Lights Therapy Definition
LED lights therapy is growing in popularity in both aesthetician offices and at home. It using verify wavelengths and skincare technique purportedly help:
Promote anti-aging effects
And a candidate for LED light therapy, these types of skincare concerns and must get the results wants from over-the-counter (OTC) skin products.
It also treatment safe for all skin colors. And it doesn’t cause any burning. However, there are a few potential drawbacks. Here are several:
LED therapy can make expensive.
The results are not guaranteed.
It also not safe if it takes certain medications or an active skin disorder. Talk dermatologist about your skincare concerns and whether LED light therapy is the right option for you.
How does it Efforts?
- LED light therapy established a history of skin uses. The U.S. Navy seals started operating in the 1990s to heal wounds quickly and help regenerate damaged muscle tissues.
- Since then, the treatment research for different situations in aesthetics. It mainly notes for increasing collagen and tissues.
- All of which smooth out your skin and reduce the appearance of damage from:
- And wrinkles
- There are different frequencies and wavelengths used with LED light treatment.
- It includes red and blue light frequencies, which don’t contain ultraviolet rays and are readily absorbs into the skin.
1. Red Light
- The red infrared light use for treating the epidermis is the outer layer of skin. When the light applies to the skin, the epidermis absorbs and then stimulates collagen proteins.
- In theory, more collagen means that skin will look smoother and fuller, which reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Also, the red LED light reduces inflammation while improving circulation, which gives a healthy glow.
2. Blue Light
- The blue LED light therapy, on the other hand, targets the sebaceous glands, which are also called oil glands. They locate beneath your hair follicles.
- And sebaceous glands are necessary for lubricating your skin and hair so that it doesn’t dry out. However, glands become overactive leading to oily skin and acne.
- The theory that blue LED light therapy targets these oil glands and made them less active. In turn, you see fewer acne breakouts.
- And blue light also kills acne-causing bacteria beneath the skin. Which helps treat severe acne pimples, including cysts and nodules. Also, frequently blue LED light to use in conjunction with red LED light to:
- It helps treat acne
- Decrease scarring
- And promote anti-inflammatory effects.
What Process for LED Light Therapy?
- LED light therapy treatments last about 20 minutes. And it likes to need up to ten treatments in total. It depends on the results looking to achieve.
- Some providers are lie down directly under the lights, while others use LED light-infused wands now over the skin. The choice often depends on the office, as healthy as the treatment area.
In addition, you can find more helpful resources at Tockhop