Ketosis Well, if you are not very familiar with the ketogenic diet and do not know what ketosis is, let me summarize it in a few words and straightforward terms.
Ketosis is when your body burns fat for fuel instead of glucose/sugar. It gets your body into ketosis. It is essential to reduce your carbohydrate intake to deficient levels.
However, sometimes the body is so used to using glucose from carbohydrates (such as flour, sugar, starches) that it is tough for it to transition from using glucose to using fat, that is, to enter ketosis.
What are the Tips To Get Into Ketosis Faster?
- The following tips have your work best when done together. However, you can try one direction at a time.
1. Do not Consume more than 20 Grams of Net Carbohydrates per day
- Many people think that by merely reducing their carbohydrate intake. For example, stop eating tortillas, flour, or bread.
- They will enter ketosis because they are reducing their carbohydrate intake. However, entering ketosis requires a drastic reduction in carbohydrates.
- It usually in the range of 20-40 grams of net carbs per day. But you want to get into ketosis much faster.
2. Do a Fast of 18-24 Hours
- Doing a fast will help you burn the glycogen stores that you have accumulated in your liver. To enter ketosis and begin burning fat, you need to deplete these glycogen stores.
- And doing an 18-24 hour fast can help your body burn off these glycogen stores and help you get into ketosis much more quickly.
3. Do HIIT Exercise and Exercise With Weights
- High-intensity interval exercise is called HIIT training, and to do activities with weights. Doing high-intensity interval exercises will help burn the glycogen stores in the liver.
- And exercising with weights will help your body burn the glycogen stores you have in your muscles. So these two types of exercise doing one or the other, or doing a combination of the two, is going to help you get into ketosis faster.
4. Consume MCT Oil
- Take MCT oil in the morning or during the day when starting the ketogenic diet. MCT is an abbreviation for “Medium Chain Triglycerides.” It is a type of oil that comes from coconut. It is not coconut oil, but it comes from coconut.
- Unlike coconut oil or other oils or fats, you can consume in your food. MCT oil is unique because it does not need to be metabolized by the body. No needs to pass through the liver for your body to use it for energy. This oil is so good when you want to get into ketosis.
- Because when you restrict the number of carbohydrates you are giving your body, your body needs energy. And it would help if you started learning how to get your point from fat. And if you provide a little oil in your diet.
- And the oil that efficiently uses without having to metabolize it helps give it a little push to start that fat-burning mechanism. Therefore, at the beginning of the ketogenic diet, taking MCT OIL could help you get into ketosis much more quickly.
5. Exercise on an Empty Stomach
- In this way, with fasting, your body will begin to burn glycogen stores during the night or during the hours you are fasting.
- And if you exercise in conjunction with fasting, it will help you burn much more glycogen. And technique one of the most effective when you want to get into ketosis quickly.