Uneven skin tone determines the amount of melanin (pigment) produce in your skin. About parts of your face start producing more melanin than the others.
And the skin color of each area varies. It means the area around your mouth and eyes can look darker than the rest of your face. And it is called an uneven skin tone.
What Causes of Uneven Skin Tone?
- Uneven skin tone triggered due to a variety of factors. Some of the major causes are:
- The side effect of breakouts
- Hormonal imbalances
- Wrong skincare products
How Managing Uneven Skin Tone With Simple Steps?
- Instead of uses concealers and tinted moisturizers. And you make lifestyle changes focus on your skincare routine.
- And use pairs of home remedies to manage your uneven skin tone. These steps religiously gift you even skin tone free of dark spots, blemishes, and age spots:
1. Cleanse Everyday
- The reason skin experts emphasize cleansing routines. And cleansing removes dead skin cells from your skin, besides the dirt, makeup residue, and excess oils.
- A backlog of dead skin cells can clog your pores and lead to breakouts, which in turn can mess with your skin’s even tone.
- And use the slight cleanser and follow it up with a good moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated. And choose a moisturizer that repairs your skin’s barrier and prevents dehydration.
- The healthy skin barrier prevents water loss and entry of bacteria and foreign substances. Next good skincare routine can go a long way in obtaining an even skin tone.
2. Supply Topical Antioxidants
- Antioxidants fight oxidative damage (chemical burning of the skin causes free radicals) in your skin, responsible for age spots, sun spots, uneven skin tone.
- And free radicals form molecules in our skin lose electrons. Antioxidants donate and electrons to stabilize free radicals.
- It prevents your skin from damage. Incorporate antioxidant serums into your skincare routine. Interesting retinol serums contain antioxidants and help in achieving even skin tone.
3. Use A Sunscreen
- Sun is the topmost culprit; it comes to uneven skin tone. The damages reason by the sun range from dark spots tan to fine lines and skin cancer in approximate cases.
- And hyperpigmentation caused due to sun exposure is the primary cause of uneven skin tone. The dermatologists recommend using a broad-spectrum sunscreen at all times during the year to protect your skin from sun damage.
- You pick the chemical or physical form of sunscreen based on your skin type. You also use a moisturizer that comes with UV protection.
4. Be Mindful Of Diet
- The unsuitable diets spike hormonal imbalances and getaways. It stays away from refined sugars, flour, caffeine, cola, and processed food.
- And taking fresh fruits and vegetables can offer your skin the required vitamins: fish, eggs, green tea, and green leafy vegetables. And citrus fruits similar to oranges help in even skin tone. Also, drink lots of water flush out toxins.
5. Chemical Peels, Microdermabrasion, And Laser
- It considers dermatologist-recommended treatments like chemical peels or laser therapy if you are overly bothered by your uneven skin tone.
- And chemical peels use hydroxy acids like glycolic acid and lactic acid to exfoliate the skin. The top layers of the skin (which is uneven) peeled off.
- Microdermabrasion involves microcrystals to get rid of the topmost layer of the skin. It can renew skin tone and texture.
- Laser treatment removes the skin layer by layer to reveal a fresh layer of skin cells. It is a painless procedure and done in a couple of sittings.
- All these treatments and exfoliators ensure that there is a healthy cell turn over. Consult your dermatologist before going for the above mentioned in-office treatments in case you have sensitive skin.