What is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)? – Definition, Treatments, Benefits, and More
Table of Contents
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Definition
Firstly, Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), a chronic psychological condition, grows after experience a traumatic event.
You are wondering if you or someone you care about has PTSD. People often do not believe they meet the criteria or have a “right” to have PTSD.
It is regularly associated with lifeguards and veterans. However, PTSD can affect anyone.
What Are the Traditional Treatments for PTSD?
- It conventional treatment generally involves psychotherapy and can also include medications such as antidepressants to improve symptoms.
- It explains the symptoms, causes, current diagnosis, and treatment for children and adults with post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Those with PTSD symptoms often feel that their only option is a life relegated to pharmaceutical drugs and therapy.
- Medicines have their place and can save lives, but they often ineffective. And unfortunately, remission in PTSD patients is relatively low.
- Dry mouth
- Weight gain
- Sexual dysfunction
- Constipation / diarrhea
- Worsening depressive symptoms
- Opioids also prescribe. However, they are highly addictive medications.
- And PTSD patients may have a higher risk of developing opioid use disorder compared to patients without PTSD.
- Fortunately, CBD offers a safe treatment option for those with PTSD without the side effects.
What are the Benefits of Using CBD Oil for PTSD?
- Since no specific pharmaceutical treats PTSD, researchers are discovering the many promising CBD benefits for alleviating.
- And the symptoms associated with the disorder, especially in people who have not responded well to conventional therapies.
1. Stop Nightmares
- It clinical trials show that CBD ceased or significantly reduced flashbacks, nightmares, and persistent memories in patients with PTSD.
2. Prevents the Formation of Fear Memories
- CBD interrupts long-term memory processing feelings of fear, reducing stress and anxiety.
3. Reduces Anxiety and Depression Symptoms
- CBD has multiple calming actions to treat anxiety disorders, including reducing anxiety, panic and compulsive attacks, and the long-term effects of stress.
4. Helps with Insomnia
- CBD improves the quantity and potentials of sleep. It also reduces night sweats.
How Trauma Effects the Nervous System?
- The nervous system is a complex system that involves nerves and cells (known as neurons), which transmit signals from the brain to various parts of the body.
- And the brain experiences any event with negative consequences from a stressful or dangerous situation.
- The stress hormone adrenaline activates the “fight or flight” response through the sympathetic nervous system (a natural and integrated response to stress).
- However, in PTSD the stress response increases . And instead of returning to normal shortly after the threat ends, it increases beyond its limits, “stuck.”
- The nervous system then loses its ability to self-regulate, leading to psychological and physical disorders.
- And the state is known as hypervigilance, where the body is frequently on the alert to avoid danger. As a result, people can easily startle, have more sweating, rapid heartbeat, and rapid breathing.
- MORE INFO:- beamintro