Keep your children safe with masks it help stop the transmission of the COVID-19 virus, but many parents have found it easy to get children used to using them. And the practice of wearing masks to reduce germs transmission of a long history in some countries.
And you’ve never worn a mask; you probably have a lot of questions. It helps you make your family’s best decisions and compile the latest information from experts about covers and COVID-19.
What Types of Mask should the family Wear?
- Masks also called “cloth masks” If you and your family live in a place where COVID-19 is widespread and does not have any disease symptoms, it recommends that you use hygienic masks.
2. Medical Masks
- The availability of medical masks reduces worldwide due to the pandemic.
- Its use recommends if you or a member of your family have a higher risk of contracting a severe illness due to COVID-19.
- In the case of people over 60 years of age, those suffering from other pathologies or are responsible for caring for a person infected with COVID-19. The medical mask use to protect others if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
Why is the Uses of the Mask Recommended?
- One of the main routes of transmission of COVID-19 the respiratory droplets that expel we speak, sing, cough, or sneeze.
- Although research still completes this issue, we already know that people can also transmit the virus with no symptoms, which means that some people can be contagious without even realizing it.
- And one of the reasons why social distance is so critical in places where COVID-19 is present.
- However, it is not always possible to keep your distance from other people in crowded public places, and it is in those cases, the use of a cloth mask recommends to protect each other.
- In any case, it is essential to remember that the use of a mask alone is not enough to stop the transmission of COVID-19.
- It must all continue to maintain our physical distance and wash our hands frequently. Take these steps; it defeats COVID-19 together.
When Should my family Use a Mask?
- Check if the local authorities impose the mask’s mandatory use in specific contexts. And if there are specific recommendations based on age in the place where you live.
- Your children’s need to wear a mask depends on several factors, such as their age and their ability to use a show safely and adequately. See the guidance from UNICEF and the World Health Organization for more information.
- If COVID-19 is widespread in your area, you should wear a cloth mask in all public places where it is difficult to maintain physical distance from other people.
- And in any case in indoor public spaces. Avoid as much as possible, going to crowded places and closed indoor spaces with little ventilation.