Brown Eyes Definition
Brown eyes, there are so many beautiful shades of brown eyes out there. From honeyed amber to deep chocolate to sparkling russet, no two sets of brown eyes are exactly alike.
And if you are a brown-eyed babe, there are so many ways to highlight and enhance your eye color with the right eye makeup.
While brown eyes can rock any eyeshadow, there are a few that rise above the rest when it comes to complementing and intensifying your brown eye color.
Understanding which shades will make your brown eyes pop takes is a little practice and, of course, the right products.
Which are The Best Eyeshadow Colors For Brown Eyes?
- When it comes to matching blue eyes or green eyes, makeup artists often use the color wheel to find an ideal match.
- The color wheel organizes with similar colors grouped and contrasting colors situated directly across from each other. If you’re trying to pop an eye color, go across the color wheel and use color in the opposite direction.
- For example, the color red sits opposite green on the color wheel, so wearing shades in the pink and red family can make eye color appear more vivid.
- Because brown is a neutral color, it doesn’t show up on most color wheels—which means that almost any color will work with brown eyes.
- That existence said a few winning shades make up artists and beauty buffs return to time and time again. Green, gold, purple, and grey eyeshadow colors are almost always a home run for brown eyes.
1. Green Eyeshadows
- Its eyeshadow ranges from deep emerald to light sage and everything in between. The shade you choose to use depends on your eye color.
- And the makeup look you’re going. If you have dark brown eyes, try a jewel tone like ESTATE COSMETICS Eye Shade in Schmoney to deepen and emphasize your eye color’s warmth.
- Swipe it across your lid for a smoky look, or use a small eyeliner brush to pat powder across your upper and lower lash line for a subtle, soft liner look.
- If you have hazel eyes or light brown eyes, try a minty green eyeshadow or a soft metallic shade to play up the gold and lighter tones in your eyes.
- If you’re going bold with green eyeshadow, berlingeri suggests pairing the shade with a neutral lip and a neutral blush. This way, your eye shadow will be the focus, and your makeup won’t crash.
2. Gold Eyeshadows
- Shades of gold are a favorite for berlingeri when it comes to brown eyes. She says, “Warm eyeshadow like copper, bronze, and gold can bring out dimension in brown eyes and be very complementing.
- While gold may seem like a statement color, soft shimmery shades like the SPACE CASE COSMETICS Eyeshadow in Gold Base can be a perfect choice for everyday wear.
- The color will illuminate your brown eyes and add just the right amount of shimmer. Gold is also an excellent choice for creating a glowy, smoky look.
- Try using a deep bronze shade all over the lid and even darker gold in the crease, and swipe a lighter gold (like the SPACE CASE shadow) along your brow bone as a highlight.
- To make your gold smokey eye look slightly grungy (which is super trendy right now), smudge kohl liner along your lower lash line and add a swipe of mascara.
3. Purple Eyeshadows
- Purple eyeshadow is another surprisingly versatile choice. From deep eggplant to light lavender to bold amethyst, there’s a purple eyeshadow for you no matter your skin tone.
- This super shimmery shade makes for an excellent centerpiece for your makeup look when it works with extra shimmery shades like this.
- Use matte shadows in the crease first and pop shimmer on the lid. If you are using a purple shimmer like this one, you can also highlight your eye’s inner corner with a lighter shadow to create a pop.
4. Grey Eyeshadows
- Grey eyeshadow is universally flattering and looks incredibly stunning on brown eyes. If you have warm brown eyes, choose a cool-toned grey to create a beautiful contrast.
- Dark silver is another gorgeous shade that you can wear as an eyeliner. Deeper brownish greys are a color staple for creating a neutral smokey eye. If you like a shimmery cool-toned silver, we love KALEIDO COSMETICS Diamond Foils Eyeshadow in Sizzle.
- Apply it as a highlight color on the inner corner of your eyes or your brow bone, or swipe all over and pair with dark eyeliner for a fun, futuristic monochrome look. With so many ways to use it, it’s a color that you’ll reach for time and time again.
- KNOW MORE:- theworldbeaut