Breast Augmentation Implants Definition
Breast augmentation implants and augmentation mammoplasty are one of the most common cosmetic surgery procedures today.
Over time the issue such as age, genetics, pregnancy, weight changes, and gravity can change the breasts’ size and shape.
And women who are not satisfied with the size of their breasts or have experienced changes in their breasts’ appearance can achieve breasts with more volume and shape through breast augmentation.
During this process, the breast implants place inside a pocket behind the existing breast tissue. Breast augmentation can increase or harmonize the breasts’ size, restore their volume or shape after a total or partial loss.
It is essential to know that sagging or sagging breasts cannot correct through breast augmentation.
What are Breast Implants Options?
The first thing you should know about a breast implant surgery is that there are multiple forms of procedures that are available. There are options in terms of the implants- saline or silicone. You also need to sit down and discuss with your surgeon what is the size that you want to go for. Let us look at some of the major points around breast implants below-
- There are a wide variety of breast implant options. Breast implants differ in shape, texture, and profile.
- Breast implants can be round or contoured, and they can have a smooth or textured surface. The breast implant profile can be standard, moderate, or tall. Breast implants also vary in size or volume.
- One of the main decisions you must make when breast augmentation is using silicone and saline implants.
- And both silicone and saline implants are available in similar shapes, sizes, and textures but differ in the composition they fill.
- Silicone implants consist of a silicone rubber frame filled with a silicone gel that feels very similar to natural breast tissue.
- The silicone implants consist of a silicone rubber frame filled with sterile salt water or saline. It animation provides details about saline implants and the various insertion and positioning options.
- After determining whether you want to use saline or silicone, your surgeon will help you choose the appropriate size and breast implant style.
- It is base on your lifestyle, body shape, and existing breast tissue to achieve your breast size. And cup and the look you want.
What Preparation in Breast Augmentation?
- Breast augmentation implants procedures usually last about one to two hours. Before starting the process, your surgeon will draw some guidelines.
- It includes the necessary marks for the incisions or the placement of the implants. Before starting the surgery, you will be given anesthesia.
- It depends on the surgeon’s preferences and the nature of the procedure, local anesthesia use. And usually in combination with intravenous sedation or general anesthesia. There are four main options for inserting saline implants into the breasts.
- They insert through incisions in the areola, armpit, crease below the breasts, or navel, where scars are minimal or hidden.
- In the so-called periareolar incision, a small incision usually completes along the perimeter of each areola, where the scars follow a natural line.
- The incision uses a small incision in the armpit’s natural crease; therefore, there will be no scars on the breasts.
- A small incision is made along the lowest part of each breast’s crease about the inframammary incision, hiding the scars in the breasts’ natural folds.
- Lastly, the trans umbilical incision, or TUBA, uses a small incision at the belly button’s edge. About inframammary incision, a small incision completes along the lowest part of each breast’s crease.
- And they are hiding the scars in the natural folds of the breasts. Lastly, the trans umbilical incision, or TUBA, uses a small incision at the belly button’s edge. About inframammary incision.
- And small incision is made along the crease of the lowest part of each breast, hiding the scars in the breasts’ natural folds. Lastly, the transumbilical incision, or TUBA, uses a small incision at the belly button’s edge.
What is the Process?
- Your surgeon makes incisions to access the back of your chest. However, the incision will complete as discreetly as possible.
- Its length and appearance vary depending on the implant’s type and size, the shape of your body, and the surgeon’s preference.
- And your surgeon will separate the breast tissue to reach the breast area where the pocket will be formed and carefully create the bag.
- Shown here is a pocket for a double plane insert (partial sub muscular). If you opt for the trans axillary or TUBA incision, your surgeon may use an endoscope.
- A thin tube containing the camera and light create the path from the armpit or belly button to the breast area.
In addition, you can find more helpful resources at answerhop